- Each competitor can apply for more dance disciplines.
- Make sure that you sign up to the category you belong to according to the elements of the dance you are performing, otherwise you will be transferred to another category at the competition itself.
- In each of the disciplines in which you can participate it is necessary that there are at least 3 other choreographies, otherwise choreographies that will be in the category alone or with 1 other ccoreography will be transferred to the first age or related category by the dance category.
- Observance of default elements in a particular type of dance category.
- The group registration, the formation, the production on every one in every 10 dancers one can be from an older age group.
- Evaluation method: Trial and evaluation takes place on a new tablet system, each judge has his own tablet and each of his recorded records is automatically processed in the data processing system.
The judges have no insight as to which country dance club or school is coming from . Only thing displayed to them is a starting number and the name of the choreography .
Will be assessed by:
- Scene and artistic impression
- Stage present
- The choreography
1.) IN ALL DANCE DISCIPLINES OF FESTIVAL, VARIATIONS ARE ALLOWED BY REGULATIONS OF DANCE ASSOCIATIONS YOU’RE COMPETING.
2.) STRICTLY STICK TO YOUR TIME LIMIT OF YOUR CHOREOGRAPHERS.
3.) 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE BE READY BEHIND THE SCENES TO PERFORM.
4.) FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE OF THE FESTIVAL IN CASE OF ANY CHANGES AND POSSIBLE EARLIER PERFORMANCE.
5.) FLAMMABLE RESOURCES, FIRE, PYROTECHNICS, ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE SCENE.
6.) IN CASE OF ANY PROBLEM, YOU NEED TO CONSULT SCORER’S TABLE AND CONTACT THE ORGANIZER.
7.) ENTRANCE TO SCORER’S TABLE AND CONTACT WITH JURY IS NOT ALLOWED.
8.) UNSPORTING BEHAVIOR IS NOT ALLOWED AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
9.) MEETING OTHER MEMBERS AND SPREADING POSITIVE ENERGY IS ALLOWED AND ENCOURAGED.
10.) ENTRANCE TO SCORER’S TABLE IS STRICTLY RESTRICTED.
11.) IN CASE OF INJURY ANY OF THE PARTICIPANTS, IMMEDIATELY INFORM THE ORGANIZER SO THEY CAN PROVIDE MEDICAL HELP.
GRADING AND JUDGE CRITERIA FOR BEST OF THE BEST (TOP 20/TOP4)
GRADING SYSTEM TOP 20 – FIRST ROUND – SECRET VOTING AND TOTAL NUMBER OF POINTS IS SUMMED UP AND FIRST 4 GO INTO SECOND ROUND.
* GRADING SYSTEM TOP 4 – AFTER THE PERFORMANCE IN SECOND ROUND TEAMS ARE GRADED PUBLICLY SHOWING GRADES, WHICH ARE BEING SUMMED AND WE GET RANKING FOR 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st place
* CRITERIA FOR GRADING THE BEST CHOREOGRAPHY IS: COSTUME, MUSIC, TECHNIQUE, OVERALL IMPRESSION ON THE SCENE, SHOW.
GRADING AND JUDGE CRITERIA FOR ALL DISCIPLINES:
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8…………IS RANKED BY THE JUDGE’S GRADES
* GRADES ARE BETWEEN 1-10 FROM THREE TO FIVE JUDGES AND WITH SUM OF THOSE GRADES WE GET THE TOTAL NUMBER OF POINTS AND PLACEMENT OF INDIVIDUAL OR THE TEAM.
* CRITERIA FOR GRADING IS: COSTUMES, MUSIC, TECHNIQUE, OVERALL IMPRESSION ON THE SCENE, SHOW.
* JUDGES ARE REPUTABLE EXPERTS
JUDGE CRITERIA FOR SPECIAL AWARDS:
* SPECIAL AWARDS SOLO, DUO/TRIO, IS DETERMINED BY A MAXIMUM NUMBER OF POINTS FROM BOTH DAYS OF FESTIVAL BY JURY.
* SPECIAL AWARDS SOLO, DUO/TRIO, GROUPS, FORMATIONS ARE HANDED ON THE FIRST AND SECOND DAY ON THE OFFICIAL AWARD CEREMONY FOR STREET AND ART DANCE.
* BEST GROUPS AND FORMATIONS FOR GALA NIGHT IS DETERMINED BY A MAXIMUM NUMBER OF POINTS FROM BOTH DAYS OF FESTIVAL BY JURY.
* COMPLETE SPECIAL AWARD CEREMONY COVERS TV, RADIO AND NEWSPAPER TEAMS.
Routine using controlled moves such as walkovers, limbers, handstands, chest rolls, etc. Can contain gymnastic passes. Majority of the routine must be acrobatic moves. Routine may contain flexibility or contortionist moves. Must contain dance moves, steps, and choreography.
The routine must consist of ballet technique. Must include classical steps and movements. No gymnastic/acrobatic tricks allowed. Pointe shoes are not allowed.
Interpretive dance using balance, extension, isolations, and control extending beyond jazz and lyrical. Only 1 gymnastic/acrobatic tricks allowed.
The routine must consist primarily of hip-hop technique. May include street dance, freestyle, funk, ‘pop-n-lock’, break dancing, and acrobatic tricks.
The routine must consist primarily of jazz technique. Only 1 gymnastic/acrobatic tricks allowed.
The routine should demonstrate balance, extension, and control using lyrical moves set to the mood and/or lyrics of the music. Only 1 gymnastic/acrobatic tricks allowed.
The routine must consist of modern technique and movement demonstrating balance, control, and extension. No gymnastic/acrobatic tricks allowed.
Routine featuring any style of dance interpreting a song from a Broadway show or movie musical.
Any of our listed categories or combination of listed category styles.
A group routine incorporating any style of dance or acrobatics with a specific theme. A production encompasses the full use of the stage, multiple entrances/exits/crossovers, and multiple focal points.
A fusion of dance styles inspired by MTV’s impact, Dance Films and Music Award Performances, Dance Clubs. It is a Commercial Style of Jazz, a fusion of Jazz, Funk, Hip Hop or other Styles, which are performed both live and in Video Clips.
The following categories cannot contain any gymnastic/acrobatic tricks:
* Ballet, Pointe, & Modern
The following categories can only contain 1 gymnastic/acrobatic tricks:
* Jazz, Lyrical, Contemporary, & Hip Hop
Characteristics and Movement
There are many kinds of Tap styles and all forms of tap dancing will compete against each other.
The quality of the strikes against the floor must be clear and rhythmical and in harmony with the music.
The music must not contain pre-recorded tap sound.
Personal amplification devices are not permitted.
No more than 30 seconds of a cappella or tacet (silence) may be used in any one routine. “A Capella” is an open phrase of multiple measures in length, but completely absent (silent) of any/all music.
The Organiser must make sure the stage has adequate floor microphones and speakers to make the music clearly audible to the audience and adjudicators.
Music must be played at the beginning and at the end of the performance.
How to perform Tap Dancing
a. Tap Dance is a choreographed performance.
b. It is allowed to change clothes or remove items from the costume.
c. Acrobatics and lifts are allowed but will only enhance the dancers score if the acrobatic movements are well integrated in the performance with style and finesse.
d. Props are allowed if they can be brought on to the stage in less than 20 seconds. It must be possible to fold all scenic props and backgrounds so that they can be easily pass through a normal size door frame.
e. In the Juvenile age group, under 12 years of age, it is not allowed to dance on the top of a pointed toe for more than 2 beats of a bar, with the weight taken on to that foot or onto both feet while standing on the top of the toes of both feet.
Criteria for Judging
a. The judges will reward clever choreography, a realistic theme or a small story.
b. Innovative and modern use of figures and movements within the style of dancing that is performed will be highly rewarded.
c. The judges’ will use the 2-dimensional system by giving two set of crosses in the qualifying heats, one cross for Artistic Merit, the other for the Technical Merit.
d. The judges’ will use the 2-dimensional system by giving two sets of placing in the final, one set for Artistic Merit, the other for Technical Merit.
IMPRO DANCE CHALLENGE
Dance category in which all dance styles are acceptable : combined styles or just one dance style.
A dancer will perform in a way where he improvises on the spot.
Time frame for this part of the competition is from 30 sec up to 40 sec max.
The Dj will be in charge of the music to which dancers will perform. Competitors must give information about the type of music or dance style in advance.
If dancers apply to this category in large numbers,there will be several elimination rounds.
After the first performace (duration time : 30-40sec) ,in elimination rounds the performance will be 20 seconds long.